Microsoft today released an update for its View 3D app on Windows 10 PCs taking it up to version 2.1708.30142.0 . This update is a major one that carries the following changelog :
- New name- View 3D is now the Mixed Reality Viewer
- New Loading animation – a small 3D cube will now be shown when loading the app and contents.
- New logo represented by a 3D Cube
- All controls have now been placed at the top of the window (information, controls, virtual camera, and full-screen display) for a cleaner look.
- When shooting mixed-reality photographs, you will notice that the “All-In-Camera” and “Timer” icons have been positioned at the bottom left.
- The timer now works properly
- If you reduce the size of the window, controls will automatically be grouped under “Other with 3D”
- Fixes and general improvements
As noted by our Italian friends, aggiornamentilumia.it the update has only be released for the PC and no ARM build of the app was compiled . This might be another hint towards killing Windows 10 Mobile maybe? Anyway, we don’t know the answer yet but we are sure that Windows powered devices are in line to get ready for 3D fun!
Stay tuned to MSLeaks for everything latest related to Tech!